Monday, May 28, 2007

Ojai Valley...Inns & Spa

Last week, for my post-speaking, birthday spa retreat, my boyfriend and I decided to check out the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa. It's a AAA 5 Diamond resort and one of the historical hotels of America.

I've heard wonderful things about the resort. I've even eaten lunch there before but never actually stayed in one of the rooms.
Here is a link to the hotel: http://www.ojairesort.com/about-luxury-resort.php

When you arrive, you are whisked into the reservation counter by one of the bellman who introduces you to the check in person, who then walks you through all of the important logistics -- restaurants, pools, golf course and spa details -- then walks you back to the bellman who takes you in a golf cart to your room.

We had a fabulous room overlooking the golf course and valley with a fireplace and a HUGE sunken tub. I even fell to the bottom of the tub it was so big!

But here is the thing.
Everything was nice...but it wasn't spectacular. I just didn't love it. For $600 a night rooms (now, I honestly didn't pay that much because we ALWAYS find a way to get the best deal possible) it just didn't cut it.
I did really enjoy the service -- everyone from the restaurant server to the bellman to the registration team was amazing. And if you follow my travels you know that goes a long way in my book!
The restaurant has excellent food and it is served on a patio or in a fireplace-lit room overlooking these HUGE oak trees and an awesome view of the golf course. I highly recommend it even if you just go for the day to enjoy a romantic lunch.

I did not end up going to their spa...I have actually found a wonderful little day spa that has some of the best treatments I've ever enjoyed so I'm quite partial now to them. I'll share about them on another day. =-)




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home